In God's shoes..... Contentment Part 5







I wish I had more, I deserve to have more, I am meant to have more, I mean I need more.............
Contentment, a very key thing in life and a word with much power that it can make a person or break a person.
To be content is to have this satisfaction within you, been at ease with what you have and what you do.
The reason why most people commit crime today is not because they were forced to or they didn't have a choice but lack of contentment. They want to bite more than they can chew.
When you are satisfied with what you have, you've got everything to live for, because you know that what you have is the best, so you don't have to die inside been covetous of what others have.

This bible passage struck me so much and it is all you need to know about contentment.
Philippians 4:11-13 (King James Version)

11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

another version (Good News Translation)
11 And I am not saying this because I feel neglected, for I have learned to be satisfied with what I have. 12 I know what it is to be in need and what it is to have more than enough. I have learned this secret, so that anywhere, at any time, I am content, whether I am full or hungry, whether I have too much or too little. 13 I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.


When you give someone something and they are not contented, you don't feel too good about it. The same thing applies when God places us in a place but due to our selfishness, we go about looking for other means (most times bad means) of making it. This all comes down to the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life.
We have to be able to cope when we have and when we don't. Most times we go around looking for what is not lost.
Contentment is not the fulfillment of what we want but the appreciation for what we have.
Remember someone is praying to be in your shoes. There will always be something better and finer than what you have. But nothing is greater than contentment!
It is not easy to be content but lets us remember that we have this assurance that we can do all things through Christ! 

Tips for contentment
  • never compare what you have with what others have
  • don't complain about anything
  • Gratitude is the key
Simple prayer: Lord Jesus, Help me to want what i have............ God bless you!

#God'swatchman #contentment #satisfaction #God'sshoes #takingawalk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Normality in Abnormality Part 4

If God had no TIME.....

Self Control