End of the year....




Today is the last day of the year! With so many things gone down through the year, so many activities,  so many lessons learnt. We all have a hope that the coming year would be better!
I read this poem in a devotional and I thought I should share it with you all so that it can give us an attitude change for the coming year!

I knelt to pray but not for long
I had too much to do as the year ends
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer
And jumped up off my knees
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could now rest at ease.
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer
No time to speak Christ to friends
They'd laugh at me I'd fear
2016 ending!  No time,  no time,  too much to do
That was my constant cry
But at last the time,  the time to die
I went before the Lord
I came;  I stood with downcast eyes
For in his hands God held a book
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find
I once was going to write it down
But never found the time. "

Let us drop our procrastinating habits in 2016. Let us do the right things at the right time.  Let us preach the Gospel better than we did in 2016! Imagine if God procrastinates,  Life would be unbearable! Since we are Christ - like,  and we want to be like Christ,  we also gave to stop procrastinating.
Since the new year is coming,  filled with excitement and new plans and goals,  let us add this to it.  No more procrastinating.  It light not be easy,  but it would be worth it.

See you in the new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Normality in Abnormality Part 4

If God had no TIME.....

The Chronicles of Acts 4....